The client’s perspective…
“Because of the nature of our product and our community, when we redesigned our site there were two main issues we had:
1. Creating a great looking product page which still managed to contain a lot of technical information
2. Organising our ever increasing blog content into a set of logical categories in order to surface it better.
Suzie really took the time to listen to us to properly understand our needs and concerns and designed something that we’re all really in love with as a result! It’s not just us though, we regularly get big compliments from our customers on the look and ease of use of our site.“
– Charlotte Hintzen, Founder and Director
By Hand London are a dynamic fashion and handmade lifestyle start-up. In their first year of business they launched a range of sewing patterns, built up a flourishing e-commerce business and were featured in Telegraph Magazine, InStyle and Vogue. In summer 2014 they ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to develop a new facet of the brand: print-on-demand fabrics.
By Hand London asked 100 Shapes to re-design and re-platform their online shop and blog, providing a scalable e-commerce solution and developing their online brand to be worthy of their rich content, beautiful photography and of course, their distinctive products.
- Requirements gathering and project planning
- Information architecture; including blog re-categorisation and developing simple presentation for detailed product measurement information
- Visual design; producing mocks, illustration and assets